Monday, May 25, 2009

Where my love started

My unhealthy obsession is Doctor Who. Everyone who knows me at all, knows that the show, the stories, the concept, the actors, are all things that I thoroughly enjoy. I have been watching the show from some of my earliest memories. I remember watching the show with my mom before my earliest moments of singing on stage with my dad, which I started doing when I was about 4 or 5. I tell people I get my nerdiness from my Mom, whom I am very thankful for. She would watch tv shows (mainly Doctor Who & Star Trek) & read books with stories that were fun & interesting. I grew up enjoying many of the same shows & books. I admired characters I watched on TV & though I was smart enough to recognize that it wasn't real, I still wanted to be like those women that were so elegant & smart. I think I grew up very smart in knowing what I liked in people because of the shows & books that I read. I found qualities in personalities that I thought were important & throughout life many of those things stuck with me. I know that my first real crush was on a character in a book. I was about 9 years old & all my friends loved those teeny-bopper TV stars because they were cute. I was even given posters, but I felt weird because in comparison to the characters in my books, the tv stars acted stupid. I wanted something more than just looks, or to know that his favorite food was pizza. I wanted personality with values that acted with such valiance that would make adults & children respect & love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment